"Sharing the Light of Truth with everyone.....everywhere."

Discovering the Light from the Truth found in the Word of God!



Friday, July 6, 2012

"A WISE BUILDER"

 In the process of checking my father's roof following a wind storm, I had to set up an aluminum ladder to access the roof. His ladder wasn't very long so I chose the lowest point on the roof. This happened to be at the back deck. I have never liked putting any type of ladder on a deck in the first place, but I thought that if I was real careful it would be fine just this once. As I climbed to the top of the ladder I became more and more confident in myself and the ladder since there wasn't any signs of slipping or movement. So I went to step off of the ladder onto the roof just as I always did when everything was secure, but what happened next was a quick reminder of why I had a problem with putting ladders on decks. The surface of that deck had just enough algae or moisture to cause the bottom of the ladder to kick out and slide. Thank God I had one foot on the roof, but my weight was still on the ladder and my other leg went through the rung and I ended up scraping up my shin.

I knew better when I started up the ladder, but it seemed ok, so I continued up one step at a time. I even remember thinking how well it had gone and saying thank you God in the recesses of my mind, right before the ladder fell. Well, I knew better than to ask God why it happened because He had given me the ability to understand the danger before I climbed that ladder. What I did think about though was this passage.


"According to the grace of God which is given unto me, as a wise masterbuilder, I have laid the foundation, and another buildeth thereon. But let every man take heed how he buildeth thereupon. For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ. " 1Corinthians 3:10-11


Paul was warning the believers to be careful what they spent their lives doing. But I thought about the grace of God that had made Paul a "wise" master builder. He had laid the right foundation which was greater than any other foundation laid by men. Jesus Christ! Just as I put that ladder on an unsure foundation, we too can place our trust and faith in the wrong place. Let's be careful that we aren't building our lives upon the foundation laid by the famous men in this world, but rather on the greatest of all men who ever lived, Jesus.


You may hear someone talking about other men all the time, but forgetting to ever give our Lord thanks for his honor, glory and power. If so, beware! Famous men will fall when they build their life on their own man made foundations. Often so many others who idolize them also get hurt when their foundation gives way and they fall. I can promise any man alive this one thing for sure, "Jesus Christ will never let you down".


 Be a Wise Builder! Make Jesus Christ your foundation and be careful what you build upon it. Selah

No comments:

Post a Comment