"Sharing the Light of Truth with everyone.....everywhere."

Discovering the Light from the Truth found in the Word of God!



Monday, March 21, 2011

"WHAT IN THE WORLD IS HAPPENING?"

Why are Scientist studying the moon, the sun and the stars?

In my world that seems secure and so far away from those places where natural disasters have occured or even stands a possibility of this type of disaster like we have recently witnessed in Japan, I sit and enjoy my coffee this Sunday morning while reading a passage from the Word. But strangely enough, the references lead me to a passage about a troublesome time when men will fear.
A word that we prefer to avoid? Yes, and rightfully so! Isn't it the Christian's belief that we are to live a joyful life and put our trust in God as we teach our children to do the same? We do not want to focus on anything that could bring us stress and sadness today. After all, Americans spend millions of dollars each year to have someone tell them how to rid their life of this very thing!

And there shall be signs in the sun, and in the moon, and in the stars; and upon the earth distress of nations, with perplexity; the sea and the waves roaring; Men's hearts failing them for fear, and for looking after those things which are coming on the earth: for the powers of heaven shall be shaken. ~ Luke 21:25-26

As I read this passage, I realized that most of this passage is describing to the disciples what is going to happen "in the future". I realized this because the verse prior to this says, "... and Jerusalem shall be trodden down of the Gentiles, until the times of the Gentiles be fulfilled."

Jesus was telling his disciples of these times so that they would document it for the viewing of all those generations to come as well. But wait! Let's look at the beginning of this passage again, "And there shall be signs....". In verse 25 we see that Jesus begins by telling us that Jerusalem will fall and be taken captive to every nation. As we well know, this hasn't taken place, so how would this apply to us? A sign is something that we see before we reach our destination, right?

I was living in a town in North Carolina during a scheduled period of time while running a project there. I'll save the town face by not mentioning the name of this place. While there, I found that the people who had put up the signs had not bothered to think about the experience of those who needed the signs to guide them. A number of times I found myself passing the exit or ramp that I needed to be on because the sign wasn't visible until it was too late! I had to plan ahead when I went somewhere new in that town to be sure I could get there on time. I also knew that I couldn't depend on the signs if I wanted to get to where I was going!

I want to assure you that Jesus didn't mean that those signs would procede the disaster to come to Jerusalem either! The signs that Jesus told us about in this passage will precede this attack on Jerusalem, but it also will precede a much greater and much more important event!

As I read the news this morning, I came across this statement in an article on Yahoo News, "People all over the world have the ability to almost immediately see the disaster on the ground," said Verchick. "And that actually produces psychological and social changes in people and communities all over the world."

This is a time of fear and a time when men and women across the globe can see the disater within seconds! I agree that the changes are being felt all across our globe due to the technology of our time, but look at the relation to what has happened in Japan and what our passage says in the book of Luke, "...the sea and the waves roaring; Men's hearts failing them for fear, and for looking after those things which are coming on the earth: for the powers of heaven shall be shaken."

REMEMBER! These are the words of the Son of Man, our Messiah, our Savior who came to save the world from our sins! He has given us the signs to watch for ahead of time! Jesus told us what is going to happen before Jerusalem falls to the hand of all nations! But the most important thing that I saw in this passage was what Jesus said would happen next! Look with me at verse twenty-seven;

"And then shall they see the Son of man coming in a cloud with power and great glory." ~ Luke 21:27

Dear reader, I want you to always remember this verse, because when these signs are obvious (they are) and they have past, it will be a glorious day for those who are ready for the greatest event of all time! But for those of you who are reading this passage today who have not had a true relationship with God, it will be one of the most heartbreaking moments of your entire life!

We cannot deny that we see the signs that Jesus declares to his disciples! So, I ask you, "What should we do?". Jesus tells the believers what to do in Luke 21:28; "And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh ( or near)."

If you aren't sure that you are ready, look at the signs again that Jesus tells us we will see; then look around the world at the news broadcasts! Right now, today I can say, "It's not too late!". Call on Jesus today, before you make that wrong turn and end up on a path that leads to a place you didn't plan to go!

It's high time to repent, believe and follow the words of the Savior
who gave Himself for your freedom from sin and bondage!

No comments:

Post a Comment